Carboplast Ltd. Complements its offer to its clients with Calcium Carbonate.
- In various granules sizes for different sectors and applications.
Calcium Carbonate Application
- Calcium carbonate is widely used as an extender.
- Paints – matte emulsion paint where usually 30% by weight of the paint is either chalk or marble.
- Plastics- typical examples contain around 15 to 20% loading of chalk.
- Unplasticized polyvinyl chloride (uPVC) drain pipe, 5 to 15% loading of stearate coated chalk or marble.
- PVC window profile.
- PVC cables can use calcium carbonate at filling of up to 70 % (parts per hundred parts of resin) to improve mechanical properties (tensile strength and elongation) and electrical properties (volume resistivity).
- Polypropylene compounds are often filled with calcium carbonate to improve rigidity, a requirement that becomes important at high use The percentage is often between 20–40%.
Thermosetting resins-sheet and bulk molding compounds.