- Carboplast Ltd. оffers Polycarbonates which are amongst the most widely used industrial thermoplastics. Polycarbonates are hard, strong, tough and transparent, showing good resistance to alcohols and diluted acids.
- They can resist temperatures as high as 140°C and as low as -20°C. Polycarbonates show poor resistance to diluted alkalis and fragrants and to halogenated hydrocarbons.
- Some of the most usual applications of polycarbonates include automotive & transport (polycarbonate sheets), electrical & electronics, packaging, etc.
Medical Applications of Polycarbonates
- Polycarbonates are mainly used in medical applications, thanks to the exceptional combination of properties they offer. In critical medical devices like drug delivery systems, hemodialysis membranes, blood reservoirs, blood filters, surgical instruments polycarbonates have been able to substitute glass and metal.
Polycarbonate Automotive Applications
- Polycarbonates have been known to decrease the weight of vehicles without affecting resilience. Injection molded polycarbonate has been broadly used to produce smooth surfaces in automotive parts such as headlamp lenses, windscreens, bumpers and helmets, fog lights, tail lights, etc. make good use of polycarbonates in their manufacturing