Carboplast Ltd. offers a wide range of PVC compounds for medical applications produced by TPV compound, in accordance with European Pharmacopoeia and Biocompatibility Regulations USP.
TPV compounds are suitable for the following kind of sterilizations:
- Gamma & Beta Rays;
Main fields of applications:
- Haemodialysis Blood Lines;
- Anaesthetics & Drainage;
- Infusion sets;
A full range of DEHP-free compounds is also available.
The compounds belonging to the new range called GREENVYL-MED (BSE-TSE free) are formulated without using substances of animal origin.
MIXVYL AMS is a complete range of PVC compound for extrusion and injection moulding that includes in the PVC formulation, an innovative antimicrobial additive based on Silver ions that gives an effective and proved anti-infective properties to the PVC compound.
The main properties of MIXVYL AMS are:
- antimicrobial effect;
- anti-infective coatings – layers not necessary anymore;
- very high transparency;
- no influence on the surface aspect of the articles;
- no influence on the physical and mechanical properties;
- unchanged chemical inertia of standard PVC compound;
- USP Class VI biocompatible;
- antimicrobial additive FDA approved;
MIXγVYL is the very innovative rigid PVC compound, created by TPV Compound, with an excellent stability to the γ and β ray sterilization for the medical industry.
The main properties of this product are:
- γ and β ray sterilizable up to 45 kGy;
- Ca/Zn stabilized;
- Very low plate out on the oulds;
- Excellent transparency;
- In accordance with USP Class VI, Reach regulation, RoHS directive;
- Radiofrequency weldable;
- Phthalates, Tin, BPA and Latex free.
With GREENVYL-MED compounds, TPV offers a product range guaranteed to be BSE free (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy) and TSE free (Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy).
The AMV compounds don’t contain any raw-materials of animal origin.
GREENVYL-MED compounds are formulated in compliance with:
– European Farmacopoeia;
– USP VI class.
– Gamma and Beta Rays;
– medical devices;
– blood bags;
– solution bags;
– infusion sets;
– transfusion sets;
– connectors for tubes;
– drip chambers;
– oxygen masks.
All the GREENVYL-MED compounds are manufactured by TPV Compound according to ISO 9001:2008 Certification.
The complete GREENVYL-MED range is manufactured without using substances of animal origin.